The Colnago CX Zero EVO is a brilliant blend of comfort, performance and heritage for the ultimate ride for all all occasions.
The Colnago CX Zero is the perfect bike for endurance riding, a perfect compromise between performance and comfort. It combines classic frame geometry for endurance riding with the most advanced materials and frame design of any bike on the market today.
The geometry has been developed to meet the needs of sportive and century cycling. The design features an extended head tube, which is significantly longer than traditional Colnago racing geometry in combination with upsept seat stays. The taller head tube allows the rider to maintain a relaxed position of the shoulders and arms, as well as a more open angle between the torso and thigh for easy pedaling. A brand new rear triangle design constructed of high quality carbon fibre gives greater vertical elasticity and shock absorption. The 27.2mm seatpost and compatibility with 25mm tyres further enhances the CX Zero's ability to reduce road surface buzz. The result is a comfortable riding position with improved performance.
The endurance geometry arises from the extent of the steering tube, which is considerably longer than a classical racing frame. The reason is essentially linked to two factors: the need to raise the position of the chest and shoulders and relax the arms slightly by shortening the top tube.
The the front end is more comfortable thanks to the higher head tube, which promotes greater control in all situations. For this reason, the CX Zero was the choice of Europcar riders during some of last year's Spring Classics. The tapered 1-1/8" - 1-1/4" head tube improves handling and makes the bike more stable.
The CX Zero EVO is the first Colnago to use a Press Fit 86.5 bottom bracket. The oversize design gives superior stiffness where it counts and extended durablity. The rear triangle flex design is perfectly complemented by the rigidity of the Press Fit bottom bracket. The riders pedalling action is directly transmitted to the road while the rear flex design simultaneously soaks up road imperfections for a smooth high performance ride. This design has been so successful that Colnago have chosen to use the Press Fit system for the flagship C60 as well as the new V1-R.
The design of the CX Zero EVO chain stays are defined by a pronounced upward curve as the chain stays meet the rear wheel drop-outs. This elegant curve is a major factor in the shock absorbing qulaity of the rear triangle construction. The chain stays act like a shock absorber while the upward curve transfers weight downwards to give greater rear wheel stability. The vertical orientation of the chainstays as they meet the bottom bracket maintains lateral stiffness for exceptional power transfer.
The seat stays play a pivotal role in the comfort of a bicycle. Road surface buzz and imperfections travel from the rear wheel directly to the saddle along the seat stays. Colnago have utilised a thin tube design that works in tandem with the 27.2mm to drastically reduce road vibration to produce a supremely comfortable ride.
- Optimised ride quality offering class-leading lateral frame rigidity together with perfectly balanced performance.
- Tall head tube for comfort and stability
- Super stiff Press Fit 86.5 bottom bracket for maximum power transfer
- Flexible rear triangle design for shock absorbtion
- Upward curve chain stays for rear wheel stability
- Thin seat stay design for shock absorption
- 27.2mm seatpost transmits less road shock to the rider
- Frame and fork clearances for larger 25c tyres offering reduced rolling resistance.and a larger contact patch for improved grip thorugh corners.
- Year: 2016
- Frame & Fork: Colnago AC-R Carbon
- Crankset: Shimano Ultegra
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
- Derailleur Lever Set: Shimano Ultegra
- Gear: Shimano Ultegra 11-28T
- Wheels: Fulcrum Racing 7
- Tires: Vittoria Zafiro 700x23c
- Brakes: Shimano Ultegra
- Handlebar: Deda RHM 01
Stem: Deda Zero One
Saddle: Colnago/Selle Italia X1
- Seatpost: 031, 6 Black anodized